An aspiring author confronts the literary demons of the world and sets off in search of an agent.

Monday, November 1, 2010

If you had to choose one song...

Here's an interesting thought exercise for a writer: if you had to choose one song upon which to base a novel, which song would you choose?

After much cogitation, reflection and sundry caffeinated-related activities, I would choose Black Horse and a Cherry Tree by KT Tunstall. The first two lines of the lyrics make for a killer book opening: Well my heart knows me better than I know myself/So I'm gonna let it do all the talking.


And the last line of the song makes for a boffo novel ending: I can't quite get there 'cause my heart's forsaken me.


Okay, I got me a beginning and an ending, now I gotta fill in the rest. In the meantime, here's video of Ms. Tunstall:


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Kate Evangelista said...

Evil Angel by Breaking Benjamin