Curiously enough, one cannot read a book:
one can only reread it. A good reader, a major reader,
an active and creative reader is a rereader...
Reading challenges seem to be popular: bloggers post a list of the new books they wish to read during the coming year. In the spirit of Nabokov, I've set a different challenge: a list of books I wish to reread in 2011.
In no particular order, they are:
- Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
- Blindness by Jose Saramago
- Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clark
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Night by Elie Wisel
- The Essential Fantastic Four, vol. 2 by Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
- An Anthropologist on Mars by Oliver Sacks
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Seven Years in Tibet by Heinrich Harrer
- Something, anything by Ray Bradbury!